Enjoy a Guided Tour on The Verde River
Boating in the desert? What fun!
Cruising down the Verde River in a “Ducky Kayak” is a blast! These inflatable kayaks are comfortable, unbelievably stable, easy to paddle and just plain fun for everyone!
You will discover a whole new world while gliding down the serene waters of the Verde River, the only ‘Wild & Scenic River’ in Arizona, in your safe and stable Ducky Kayak. The Verde River is an incredible wilderness of spectacular canyons, verdant forests, brightly colored wildflowers and a multitude of wildlife including mule deer, beaver, river otter, great blue herons, red tail hawks and golden and bald eagles, and the Sedona Adventure Tours company is the only company taking regular tours down this beautiful wilderness.
Interspersed with exhilarating chutes and calm floating pools, the Verde River is the perfect river experience for folks of all ages. No experience is necessary for this safe and relaxing float down the gentle waters of the Verde River. Your guide will assist you with basic paddling techniques and Sedona Adventure Tours will provide all of the gear you need to make this a truly enjoyable, memorable, and safe adventure.
Essential Tour Information:
Total time on the tour is approximately 5 hours, and total time on the river is 2 to 2.5 hours covering about 5 miles.
Launch Times and Shuttle Service:
Multiple tours daily. Please call for availability. If you are staying in Sedona or Cottonwood we recommend our shuttle (fee involved) that will pick you up and deliver you to the Verde River Adventure Center and return you to Sedona or Cottonwood at the end of your Verde River Trip. Meet us at the Verde River Adventure Center if you are arriving from Phoenix or would like your vehicle available for you at the end of your trip.
The tour departs from the Verde River Adventure Center, 45 W. Hollamon Camp Verde, AZ 86322 (map and directions).
$87.55 per adult, $77.25 per child (12 years & under) plus taxes & fees. Gratuity not included
- Please review our payment, cancellation, and other policies here.
- Children 3-12 yrs must be in tandem kayak with an adult
- There must be four people on the tour for it to go out, including your party and any others that reserve the same time.
What to bring:
Water bottle, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera in a Ziploc or water proof bag. Dress appropriately for the weather and the time of year.
What we provide:
An awesome guide, boats, paddles, personal flotation device (PFD), all transportation*, snacks, and water to refill your bottle with.
Typical Schedule and Itinerary – Total Time is approximately 5 hours. River Time is approximately 2.5 hours. (This is a sample for any launch time – your tour times will be included in your confirmation email)
- – Check in at the Verde River Adventure Center in Camp Verde (map and directions)
- – Shuttle departs for the river
- – Arrive at the Verde River, safety talk, get fitted with a personal flotation device (PFD)
- – River trip launches
- – Run Clear Creek rapid at the confluence of Clear Creek
- – Gliding down the Tunnel of Love
- – Float around Butterfly Bend
- – Run the Rocky Rapids
- – Cruise beneath the Cliffs of Insanity
- – Arrive at Beasley Flats. Our shuttle van will return you to the Verde River Adventure Center
- – Arrive at the Verde River Adventure Center and enjoy lunch in downtown Camp Verde!