The season for this trip has ended 11/9/2014 due to the cooler weather and water condition. This section of the river offers several sporty shoots where getting wet is mandatory and it just getting a wee to cold. We still offer the Water to Wine Tour this time of year on a calmer less splashie section of the river if you are interested in a river trip with yummy wine at the end.
New Guided Trip on the Verde River at Clarkdale
Boating in the desert on a brand new stretch of the Verde River that just opened, through the land that time forgot? We call it the Verde River at Clarkdale stretch. How cool is that!
Not often can you experience a beautiful stretch of a waterway in Arizona that has seen very few boaters on it especially in the desert. This trip begins just up stream from the Town of Clarkdale, Az across from the historic TAPCO (The Arizona Power Company) power plant and ends at the base of Tuzigoot National Monument a 1,000 year old ancient pueblo site. Cruising down this incredible new stretch of the Verde River at Clarkdale in a “Ducky Kayak” is a blast! These inflatable kayaks are comfortable, unbelievably stable, easy to paddle and just plain fun for everyone!
You will discover a whole new world while gliding down these magical waters of the Verde River at Clarkdale, on the only ‘Wild & Scenic River’ in Arizona, in your safe and stable Ducky Kayak. The Town of Clarkdale located just below the historic mining town of Jerome, Az is the entry way for an incredible wilderness of spectacular canyons, verdant forests, brightly colored wildflowers and a multitude of wildlife including mule deer, beaver, river otter, great blue herons, red tail hawks and golden and bald eagles.
Interspersed with exhilarating chutes and calm floating pools, the Verde River is the perfect river experience for folks of all ages. No experience is necessary for this safe and relaxing float down the gentle waters of the Verde River. Your Verde Adventures guide will assist you with basic paddling techniques and will provide all of the gear you need to make this a truly enjoyable, memorable, and safe adventure.
Essential Tour Information:
Total time on the tour is approximately 3 hours, and total time on the river is approximately 2 hours covering about 3.5 miles.
Multiple tours daily. Please call for availability. Meet us at the Verde River Adventure Center in Clarkdale Arizona
The tour departs from the Verde River Adventure Center located at 921 Main St. Suite A-2 in Clarkdale Arizona.
$64.95 per adult, $54.95 per child (12 years & under) Price does not include tax, river use fees or gratuity.
- Please review our payment, cancellation, and other policies here.
- Children 3-12 yrs must be in tandem kayak with an adult
- There must be four people on the tour for it to go out, including your party and any others that reserve the same time.
- This is a physical activity with a mandatory portage, the ability to paddle and get in and out of your boat are required
- Weight restrictions may apply
What to bring:
Water bottle, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera in a Ziploc or water proof bag. Dress appropriately for the weather and the time of year.
What we provide:
An awesome guide, boats, paddles, personal flotation device (PFD), all transportation*, and water to refill your bottle with.
Typical Schedule and Itinerary – Total Time is approximately 3 hours. River Time is approximately 2 hours. (This is a sample for any launch time – your tour times will be included in your confirmation email)
- – Check in at the Verde River Adventure Center (921 Main Suite A-2)
- – Have Java Love Roasted coffee and a yummy breakfast burrito at the Verde River Yacht Club Cafe located nest door.
- – Shuttle departs for the river
- – Arrive at the TAPCO River Access Point , safety talk, get fitted with a personal flotation device (PFD)
- – River trip launches
- – Run the put in rapid
- – Gliding underneath 1500 year old cliff dewling
- – Float around Butterfly Bend
- – Run the Smelter Rapid
- – Portage Brewers Tunnel (mandatory portage)
- – Run Bitter Creeek Rapid
- – Run Willow Rapid
- – Run Deception Gultch Rapid
- – Run The Bolders Rapid
- – Run Tuzigoot Rapid
- – Cruise beneath the Tuzigoot Bridge
- – Arrive at Tuzigoot River Access Point.
- – Our shuttle van will return you to the Adventure Center and you are now free to enjoy lunch, wine tasting and shopping in The Town of Clarkdale!